If you’d like to know more about the transfer process or how you can prepare your application, join our forum

Jenn_sung

If you’d like to know more about the transfer process or how you can prepare your application, join our forum

Post by Jenn_sung » Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:27 pm

Please post any questions you may have, and I’ll answer you as soon as possible

Tania Akter

Re: If you’d like to know more about the transfer process or how you can prepare your application, join our forum

Post by Tania Akter » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:17 pm

Does BMCC pay for application fees if we apply to Columbia University?

Jenn_sung

Re: If you’d like to know more about the transfer process or how you can prepare your application, join our forum

Post by Jenn_sung » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:09 pm

Unfortunately no, Bmcc does not pay for the transfer fees. I believe the transfer fee is about $85

mehedi67

Post by mehedi67 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:42 pm

For transfer students, is there any additional test score needed?
Thanks.
Major: Computer Science.

ashana

Post by ashana » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:10 am

What priority do transfer students get in terms of acceptance?

Jenn_sung

Post by Jenn_sung » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:30 pm

mehedi67 wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:42 pm
For transfer students, is there any additional test score needed?
Thanks.
Major: Computer Science.
Hello,

For transfer students you will need to submit either your SAT score or you will need to sit in for a placement exam at Columbia University. The placement exam will cover chemistry, mathematics, and/or quantitative reasoning. Here is a link that details this further: https://gs.columbia.edu/content/placement-exams

Best

Jenn_sung

Post by Jenn_sung » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:36 pm

ashana wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:10 am
For General studies Columbia, I would say just having a competitive GPA and having at least 1 year gap year between high school and when you apply. For your application essay, you will need to write about any meaningful professional work you've done, so I would be as detailed as possible when writing your essay so you stand out.

I don't want to assume who is given more priority since I'm not admissions, but I would say your GPA and your application essay will be important.

Jenn_sung

Post by Jenn_sung » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:36 pm

ashana wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:10 am
For General studies Columbia, I would say just having a competitive GPA and having at least 1 year gap year between high school and when you apply. For your application essay, you will need to write about any meaningful professional work you've done, so I would be as detailed as possible when writing your essay so you stand out.

I don't want to assume who is given more priority since I'm not admissions, but I would say your GPA and your application essay will be important.